Steps to obtain your CMM
- Complete the online application.
- You will be notified by MPI before the end of the following month if your application has been accepted. Once accepted to the program, you must register for an upcoming education program.
- Once registered for a program, you will receive notifications regarding pre-course work and/or reading required for the program (typical time requirement is 10-12 hours).
- You must be present onsite for the 5½ day program. Attendance is required for each session and group coursework participation is required for two evenings of the program.
- One week following the 5½ day program, you must submit and successfully pass an online essay examination based on the coursework presented onsite.
- You must submit a newly created business plan and receive a passing score.
Criteria for Acceptance
Each area of the application will be scored based on the following criteria:
A minimum of 10 years of experience in the industry.
Expertise in all aspects of meeting management including, but not limited to, logistics management, budget management, people management, experience with legal/contracts, and management experience with marketing and communications.
Consistent history of professional continuing education.
In addition, the information provided on the application about a candidate’s additional or exceptional qualifications is factored into the decision.
CMM Application Fees
US $75 for MPI members and US $125 for non-members.
(Applicants in Europe will be charged the current converted rate in Euros)
Upon acceptance into the program, you will receive an e-mail notification to register for the next scheduled CMM program. An accepted application is valid for two years. Application fees are non-refundable.
Use of CMM Designation
The use of the CMM designation without official written approval from MPI is a serious violation of the ethics of the CMM program and constitutes infringement of MPI’s registered certificate mark. Any unauthorized use will result in you being barred from the CMM program along with potential termination of your MPI membership. By applying to the CMM program, you agree to abide by all policies and procedures governing the program and to be obligated to pay all costs including attorneys’ fees associated with any action on the part of MPI to enforce applicable policies and procedures governing the CMM program including but not limited to the unauthorized use of the CMM designation.