July 7 (Tuesday), 2015| 11:00 am - Noon CST
Conquering Cross-Border Healthcare Meeting Compliance with the Power of Technology
If you plan meetings for healthcare professionals, you might want to know last month there were changes to codes of compliance in nine countries and three U.S. states. Today, 84 of 196 countries have some kind of transparency or compliance reporting requirements with penalties and violations for misreporting. The rules are changing daily, so it is imperative to have current information. Experience a new global destination planning tool called My Compliance Wizard and learn how to use it to quickly research things like meal limits, gifts, travel and lodging. You will get a special discount code if you want to receive live updates to compliance information. Or you can continue to use the tool for free to access destination data like currency conversion, local time. weather, holidays, languages and wiki links.
- Understand the nuances and differences of healthcare compliance regulations country-by-country.
- Learn how to source the information quickly and accurately and apply it to daily planning tasks.
- Keep up to date with weekly changes around the globe.
June 30 (Tuesday), 2015| 11:00 am - Noon CST
CMP-IS Domain I: Marketing, 1 Clock Hour
Come on, Get 'Appy: Trends, Best Practices and the Future of Event Apps
As meeting professionals continue to push for greater engagement at their events, mobile apps repeatedly prove that they are up to the challenge. They also offer the added benefits of data collection, cost savings and streamlined experience. But finding the right partner and creating the ultimate application still elude many meeting professionals. Review the latest in event app trends from recent MPI research and find best practices from trade show Interop (from vendor selection to app configuration to performance measurement). Then, with Interop in mind, consider the specs, features and questions you will need to know when searching for the right app partner for your event. Finally, discuss the future of apps with an expert from industry-leading provider DoubleDutch.
- Discover what you should be looking for in your event app.
- Learn best practices from an event industry leader.
- Uncover the newest mobile features that will wow your attendees.
June 9 (Tuesday), 2015| 11:00 am - Noon CST
CMP-HC Domain A: Planning, 1 Clock Hour
HEALTHCARE COMPLIANCE: TRENDS AND CHANGES AFFECTING OUR INDUSTRY
Healthcare meeting compliance regulations have created a complex set of new procedures—with serious penalties for violations. Both meeting professionals and suppliers need to understand the nuances of these procedures (and the consequences that follow variance) in order to create greater partnerships and superior meetings. Learn the who, what, where and how of compliance regulations, and what they mean for you and your business.
- Discern the difference between perception and reality around healthcare compliance regulations.
- Learn trending scenarios including room and food caps and turnaround times.
- Find out new educational opportunities for healthcare professionals who want to stay on top of their game.
June 2 (Tuesday), 2015| 11:00 am - Noon CST
CMP-IS Domain A: Strategic Planning, 1 Clock Hour
MEETINGS OUTLOOK: A DEEP DIVE INTO THE LATEST TRENDS
Jessie States and Christian Savelli
Meeting professionals are so over-taxed in the present, they often forget—or don't have the time—to look ahead. Take a moment to preview the future based on MPI's most recent Meetings Outlook research, published quarterly in The Meeting Professional magazine and then discuss the trends that are most affecting you and your peers. Brainstorm ways to start planning for the uncertain future with case studies and best practices from around the globe.
- Review the forecast for events in the coming year, including budget, attendance and business conditions.
- Deep dive into trends that matter and discuss next steps with your peers.
- Learn how these trends affect you and the future of your meetings.
May 26 (Tuesday) , 2015| 11:00 am - Noon CST
CMP-IS Domain A: Strategic Planning, 1 Clock Hour
SMM: ROI AND ROO MEASUREMENT FOR EVENT MANAGERS
What are ROI and ROO, and how can they be measured? Find out in this session, which introduces you to the ROI Methodology and assess what information you need to gather to properly determine the return on investment of your events. Then, discover the true value of measuring return on objectives, and the need to look beyond economic figures to gauge the value of your meetings. Finally, learn the steps required to measure ROI and ROO, including metrics and data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Understand the meaning of ROI and ROO in the context of strategic meetings management.
- Learn how to choose methods for data collection.
- Find out how to report ROI and ROO based on your organization’s strategic objectives.
Watch all past webinars on PD on Demand
After viewing past webinars through PD on Demand, you will be responsible for submitting your clock hours per the CIC’s process. Click here for more information about clock hours and CMP domains.