June 2 (Tuesday), 2015| 11:00 am - Noon CST
CMP-IS Domain A: Strategic Planning, 1 Clock Hour
MEETINGS OUTLOOK: A DEEP DIVE INTO THE LATEST TRENDS
Jessie States and Christian Savelli
Meeting professionals are so over-taxed in the present, they often forget—or don't have the time—to look ahead. Take a moment to preview the future based on MPI's most recent Meetings Outlook research, published quarterly in The Meeting Professional magazine and then discuss the trends that are most affecting you and your peers. Brainstorm ways to start planning for the uncertain future with case studies and best practices from around the globe.
- Review the forecast for events in the coming year, including budget, attendance and business conditions.
- Deep dive into trends that matter and discuss next steps with your peers.
- Learn how these trends affect you and the future of your meetings.
June 9 (Tuesday), 2015| 11:00 am - Noon CST
CMP-HC Domain A: Planning, 1 Clock Hour
HEALTHCARE COMPLIANCE: TRENDS AND CHANGES AFFECTING OUR INDUSTRY
Healthcare meeting compliance regulations have created a complex set of new procedures—with serious penalties for violations. Both meeting professionals and suppliers need to understand the nuances of these procedures (and the consequences that follow variance) in order to create greater partnerships and superior meetings. Learn the who, what, where and how of compliance regulations, and what they mean for you and your business.
- Discern the difference between perception and reality around healthcare compliance regulations.
- Learn trending scenarios including room and food caps and turnaround times.
- Find out new educational opportunities for healthcare professionals who want to stay on top of their game.
June 30 (Tuesday), 2015| 11:00 am - Noon CST
Come on, Get 'Appy: Trends, Best Practices and the Future of Event Apps
As meeting professionals continue to push for greater engagement at their events, mobile apps repeatedly prove that they are up to the challenge. They also offer the added benefits of data collection, cost savings and streamlined experience. But finding the right partner and creating the ultimate application still elude many meeting professionals. Review the latest in event app trends from recent MPI research and find best practices from trade show Interop (from vendor selection to app configuration to performance measurement). Then, with Interop in mind, consider the specs, features and questions you will need to know when searching for the right app partner for your event. Finally, discuss the future of apps with an expert from industry-leading provider DoubleDutch.
- Discover what you should be looking for in your event app.
- Learn best practices from an event industry leader.
- Uncover the newest mobile features that will wow your attendees.
July 21 (Tuesday), 2015| 11:00 am - Noon CST
WEC 2015: Know Before You Go!
Think of this webinar as “must attend” if you’re eager to get the most out of your time at the event—especially one as rich in content and diverse in activities as WEC. A forum this large can be overwhelming, but maximizing your return on investment onsite at WEC is a two-step proposition: being aware of the opportunities that surround you, and taking advantage of them in a way that is unique to your needs and wants. It’s your opportunity to familiarize yourself with the innovative ways you can learn at the event and network with your colleagues in the industry, both inside and outside of the classroom. We will walk you through this year’s offerings in an interactive and personalized manner that will help you choose the areas of most value and interest to you.
- Become familiar with areas of individual interest and high-tech offerings at WEC 2015.
- Lessen the intimidation of attending an event as large and overwhelming as WEC.
- Maximize your return on investment from your attendance at WEC and interact with MPI staff and volunteers who are responsible for staging the event.