August 25 (Tuesday), 2015 | 11:00 am - Noon CST
CMP-IS Domain A: Strategic Planning, 1 Clock Hour
Meetings Outlook: A Deep Dive Into the Latest Trends
Christian Savelli and Jessie States
Meeting professionals are so over-taxed in the present, they often forget—or don't have the time—to look ahead. Take a moment to preview the future based on MPI's most recent Meetings Outlook research, published quarterly in The Meeting Professional magazine and then discuss the trends that are most affecting you and your peers. Brainstorm ways to start planning for the uncertain future with case studies and best practices from around the globe.
- Review the forecast for events in the coming year, including budget, attendance and business conditions.
- Deep dive into trends that matter and discuss next steps with your peers.
- Learn how these trends affect you and the future of your meetings.
August 11 (Tuesday), 2015 | 11:00 am – Noon CST
CMP-IS Domain E: Human Resources, 1 Clock Hour
SMM: Advancing from Event Planner to Manager of Events
As organizations develop Strategic Meetings Management programs (SMMPs), there are new opportunities for planners who want to advance their careers. If you have established yourself as a top-ranked planner for managing individual meetings and events and would like to move to the next level within the organization, this session is for you. In order to be considered for an operations manager position, you will need to demonstrate your abilities and potential to meet the requirements of this new role.
- Know and understand the necessary competencies for an operations manager.
- Compare those to your current skill set, and pinpoint gaps and areas of development.
- Create and execute a plan to upgrade your capabilities.
July 21 (Tuesday), 2015| 11:00 am - Noon CST
WEC 2015: Know Before You Go!
Think of this webinar as “must attend” if you’re eager to get the most out of your time at the event—especially one as rich in content and diverse in activities as WEC. A forum this large can be overwhelming, but maximizing your return on investment onsite at WEC is a two-step proposition: being aware of the opportunities that surround you, and taking advantage of them in a way that is unique to your needs and wants. It’s your opportunity to familiarize yourself with the innovative ways you can learn at the event and network with your colleagues in the industry, both inside and outside of the classroom. We will walk you through this year’s offerings in an interactive and personalized manner that will help you choose the areas of most value and interest to you.
- Become familiar with areas of individual interest and high-tech offerings at WEC 2015.
- Lessen the intimidation of attending an event as large and overwhelming as WEC.
- Maximize your return on investment from your attendance at WEC and interact with MPI staff and volunteers who are responsible for staging the event.
July 7 (Tuesday), 2015| 11:00 am - Noon CST
Conquering Cross-Border Healthcare Meeting Compliance with the Power of Technology
If you plan meetings for healthcare professionals, you might want to know last month there were changes to codes of compliance in nine countries and three U.S. states. Today, 84 of 196 countries have some kind of transparency or compliance reporting requirements with penalties and violations for misreporting. The rules are changing daily, so it is imperative to have current information. Experience a new global destination planning tool called My Compliance Wizard and learn how to use it to quickly research things like meal limits, gifts, travel and lodging. You will get a special discount code if you want to receive live updates to compliance information. Or you can continue to use the tool for free to access destination data like currency conversion, local time. weather, holidays, languages and wiki links.
- Understand the nuances and differences of healthcare compliance regulations country-by-country.
- Learn how to source the information quickly and accurately and apply it to daily planning tasks.
- Keep up to date with weekly changes around the globe.
June 30 (Tuesday), 2015| 11:00 am - Noon CST
CMP-IS Domain I: Marketing, 1 Clock Hour
Come on, Get 'Appy: Trends, Best Practices and the Future of Event Apps
As meeting professionals continue to push for greater engagement at their events, mobile apps repeatedly prove that they are up to the challenge. They also offer the added benefits of data collection, cost savings and streamlined experience. But finding the right partner and creating the ultimate application still elude many meeting professionals. Review the latest in event app trends from recent MPI research and find best practices from trade show Interop (from vendor selection to app configuration to performance measurement). Then, with Interop in mind, consider the specs, features and questions you will need to know when searching for the right app partner for your event. Finally, discuss the future of apps with an expert from industry-leading provider DoubleDutch.
- Discover what you should be looking for in your event app.
- Learn best practices from an event industry leader.
- Uncover the newest mobile features that will wow your attendees.
Watch all past webinars on PD on Demand
After viewing past webinars through PD on Demand, you will be responsible for submitting your clock hours per the CIC’s process. Click here for more information about clock hours and CMP domains.