November 17 (Tuesday), 2015 | 11:00 am - Noon CST
CMP-IS Domain Professionalism, 1 Clock Hour
Ask CIC: Answers to Your Burning CMP Questions
Timothy Gunn, Gayle Dahlman
Are you thinking about getting your CMP? MPI Global hosts the Convention Industry Council for a Q&A session so you can find the answers to your unique questions. Listen in on the conversation, or participate yourself. The webinar will begin with general information on CMP test requirements and then review the resources MPI members have available to them that can help you accumulate and track clock hours.
- Become familiar with the requirements needed in order to sit for the CMP exam.
- Learn about the resources available to MPI members to help you accumulate and monitor your clock hours.
- Listen to the questions other individuals have that you may not be aware of.
December 1 (Tuesday), 2015 | 11:00 am - Noon CST
CMP-IS Domain A: Strategic Planning, 1 Clock Hour
Meetings Outlook: A Deep Dive into the Latest Business Trends
Meeting professionals are so over-taxed in the present, they often forget—or don't have the time—to look ahead. Take a moment to preview the future based on MPI's most recent Meetings Outlook research, published quarterly in The Meeting Professional magazine and then discuss the trends that are most affecting you and your peers. Brainstorm ways to start planning for the uncertain future with case studies and best practices from around the globe.
- Review the forecast for events in the coming year, including budget, attendance and business conditions.
- Deep dive into trends that matter and discuss next steps with your peers.
- Learn how these trends affect you and the future of your meetings.
December 8 (Tuesday), 2015 | 11:00 am - Noon CST
CMP-IS Domain G: Meeting or Event Design, 1 Clock Hour
Transforming Your Event into a Peer-Learning Hub
The sharing economy is changing everything: from the way we travel to the way we learn. Increasingly, human beings are moving from spectators to actors in their lives and claiming the authority to become active in fields where they have been passive for so long. As learners, we set up our curriculum for the year, not relying on a new diploma, but rather on our own gumption, events, peer-learning communities and MOOCs (massive open online course) to learn new critical skills. Yet, many events rely mainly on an expert driven educational model. How can event organizers better support attendees in curating their own learning experience?
- Discover what lessons events can learn from the recent whirlwind of changes that have been taking education and learning by storm.
- Explore best practices to boost the peer-learning component of their event.
- Rethink the traditional conference model, to ensure it is in sync with participants’ new learning habits.
December 15 (Tuesday), 2015 | 11:00 am - Noon CST
Successfully Conquering Your Event Technology Management
Technology adoption accelerates when there are processes, standards, and resources in place to simplify and support its usage. The same is true for the digital ecosystem of your events. Learn breakthroughs from a groundbreaking research study sponsored by PSAV and MPI that examined: network and Wi-Fi registration and badging, mobile, engagement, social, digital signage, hardware acquisition, attendee tracking, content capture, and streaming across different event types. Identify best practices in creating and managing digital ecosystems by looking at them from a variety of perspectives. Examine how decisions are made in terms of planning and executing technology as well as how to use best practices at your organization.
- Explore how leading companies are managing their events' technology ecosystems.
- Examine how decisions are made in these organizations in regarding technology.
- Incorporate best practices into your own meetings and events.
January 18 (Monday), 2016 | 9:00 am – 10:00 am CST
Clock hours TBD
Maximize Your Leads and Create Optimal Business Relationships
Ciara Feely Jessie States
Would you like to ensure that you walk away with the best leads and contacts you have ever made at an event? Have you ever wondered what makes planners tick? Jessie States of MPI will interview Ciara Feely, the industry's expert on how to WIN more profitable business by attracting and converting more conference, meetings and event business. Planners have changed the way they buy; have you changed the way you sell? If not, the results you get for your hard work will diminish in the next year. Avoid that and optimise your experience at the 2016 MPI European Meetings & Events Conference, or at any other planner events and tradeshows.
- Discover a major problem in the industry right now for hotels and venues, and learn how to avoid it.
- Understand the single most powerful thing you can do at planner events.
- Learn how to build the kind or relationships that planners and decision-makers want to build with you.