Educational Track Overview
Specific Interest sessions
Innovative sessions focused around areas of specific interest for more in-depth knowledge, with a heavy emphasis on Meeting Design. MPI is promising its attendees an exciting combination of learning, exploring, experiencing and sharing. Session topics will include:
- Meeting Design
- Technology and virtual meetings
- Supplier/ planner relationships
- International Meetings and risk management
Thought Leadership sessions
Anticipating the needs of professionals to ensure their success, not only today but also tomorrow: That’s what MPI’s Thought Leadership Initiatives and pioneer projects are all about. In the past 18 months MPI has been conducting research around topics with which our industry struggles most. Topics include:
- Business Value of Meetings
- Future of Meetings
- Strategic Meetings Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Sessions focused on more generic business knowledge, brought by experts from inside and outside our industry.
Career Advancement and Development
- Organizational Intelligence
- Sales and Networking Tactics
- Communication and productivity Skills
Expanded line ups featuring powerful insights from the world’s top thought leaders from inside and outside our industry. Bring together a panel to share your big ideas on achieving business milestones, combined with highly interactive learning on essential, executive-level industry topics.
All education content will be flagged for appropriate audience attendance using the following metric:
- "N" novice sessions: Basic proficiency in meetings and events industry
- "I" intermediate sessions: Operational/tactical content for industry professionals
- "A" advanced sessions: Strategic and accelerated learning content
All sessions will be flagged for format using the following metric:
- "I" interactive sessions: Educational session with high level of interaction
- "T" training sessions: Class room training sessions, medium level of interaction
- "P" panels: Featuring panel of leaders, medium to low level of interaction
- "U" unconference: Participant-led sessions, highest level of interaction
- "L&L" listen & learn sessions: Listen & learn - lecture style, low level of interaction
Chapter best of the Best
Featuring the very best speakers from MPI’s local European Chapters. These presenters have proven themselves at Chapter Events around Europe and earned a spot on MPI’s main education program through the Chapter best of the Best programme. These presentations have inspired your peers, now you get the opportunity to experience these sessions too!
MPI France presents Mike Clanton and “Don’t Let Your Event’s Technology Zombie Control You!” focusing on successfully planning and executing technology-dependent events. Meanwhile MPI Netherlands brings Dr. Xander Kranenburg and “Beyond Digital Creativity - Mashup all your ideas,” with insights on techniques and tools that help professionals work more efficiently and enhance creative events.