Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) Program
Setting the Standard of Excellence
The foremost certification of the meetings, conventions and exhibitions industry, the CMP program recognizes individuals who have achieved the industry's highest standard of professionalism. Established in 1985, the CMP credential increases the proficiency of meeting professionals by:
- Identifying a body of knowledge
- Establishing a level of knowledge and performance necessary for certification
- Stimulating the advancement of the art and science of meeting management
- Increasing the value of practitioners to their employers
- Recognizing and raising industry standards, practices and ethics
- Maximizing the value received from the products and services provided by Certified Meeting Professionals
Through the CMP program, individuals who are employed in meeting management pursue continuing education, increase their industry involvement, and gain industry-wide recognition. The requirements for certification are based on professional experience and a written examination. Currently, over 13,000 individuals in 35 countries and territories have earned the CMP designation.
The CMP Board of Directors includes one representative from each planner organization of CIC and four representatives from the supplier category. The CMP Board represents the profession's diversity and serve as a voice for stakeholders who have an interest in maintaining a high industry standards.
Click here for more information about how you can get started in the CMP program.
The CMP Exam will be held at WEC on Saturday, July 23, 2011 at the Orange County Convention Center. Room location still TBD.
CMP Boot Camp
Want to make sure that you are ready for the CMP Exam? Attend MPI's comprehensive CMP Boot Camp where you can prepare and collaborate with a group.
*The CMP Boot Camp is an additional fee. To sign up, access the online Attendee Resource Center and sign in to edit your product information.