WEC attendees took full advantage of several perks offered by MPI and its partners. One of the most popular perks was free headshots from Orange Photography. Approximately 350 attendees had their photos taken and received electronic copies of them for their professional and personal use.
Another very popular WEC benefit was The Hub. Highlights include
- More than 50 one-on-one career counseling appointments for résumé evaluation and career maintenance and advancement
- Hour-long sessions on interviewing, résumé writing, interpersonal skills and networking (the most important job promotion skill)
- Mini sessions on meeting design, sustainability, the future of technology, social media best practices and determining the value of your events
- Presentations of all of the tools and case studies MPI has created in the last year to help meeting professionals understand their virtual event options, measure whether their meetings are meeting their objectives, understand key elements of the future of events and determine how to create content for multiple generations.
- Healthy snacks and whole fruit
- A lounge area popular for peer-learning and discussions
"We designed this space to cultivate conversations at the meeting point of knowledge and career," said Jessie States, meeting industry editor for MPI. "We have dozens of tools for meeting professionals that they are largely unaware of, case studies that present practical templates and research that provides a clear path forward. Knowledge advances career, and career advances knowledge—this is the foundation of what we do."