WEC 2012 - Hosted Buyer Program
WEC’s hosted buyer program makes good business sense for planners. Get the one-to-one time you need with the right company and the right contact. The WEC hosted buyer program saves both money and time, allowing you to source the suppliers you need to create events that exceed your clients’ expectations.
This year, we have included more opportunities for you to connect with your peers and participating suppliers AND participate in more education than ever before. The hosted buyer program now takes place prior to the “official” start of WEC.
What is the program?
Planners and suppliers will start the program on Saturday, July 28, 2012 with an introductory luncheon, followed by up to four hours of one-on-one appointments. Immediately following your appointments, enjoy a reception just for YOU, our hosted buyers and continue your conversations in a relaxed environment. Appointments will continue the following morning and end before the opening general session begins.
Why do I want to be an MPI hosted buyer planner?
Education, Education and more Education. Most appointment commitments can be completed prior to the start of Sunday’s opening general session which will allow you to take full advantage of WEC’s outstanding education and professional development opportunities.
What do I receive as a planner participant?
In addition to being able to take advantage of WEC’s educational tracks and earn valuable contact hours and CEUs, you are able to participate in the hosted buyer program through several different flexible options:
- Planner level 1:Must complete a minimum of 9 appointments and will receive a complimentary full-conference badge.
- Planner level 2:Must complete a minimum of 14 appointments and will receive a complimentary full -conference badge and up to a $400 airfare credit.
- Planner level 3:Must complete a minimum of 17 appointments and will receive a complimentary full-conference badge, up to a $400 airfare credit and a 4 night hotel stay.
Please note, there are limits to the number of planners that will be accepted into each level. The sooner you submit your application the sooner you can be confirmed a planner level of attendance.
You are not required to be a member of MPI to apply for the program. The selection criteria are based on purchasing authority, potential for future business, geographical representation and supplier demand for your events.
What are my obligations as a hosted planner if I participate in the program?
Here are the requirements needed for participation:
- Planner must fill out the hosted buyer application IN FULL and be approved to participate.
- Once approved, planner must provide a $300 refundable deposit.
- All planners must be able to be at WEC no later than Noon on Saturday, July 28, 2012.
- Mandatory attendance is required for both planner luncheon and evening reception on Saturday, July 28, 2012.
- Planner must make all appointments outlined in participating planner package. Planner will be responsible for paying full package price for failure to meet requirements of appointments. (could be as high as $2500)
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to connect with your peers while getting valuable business done and receiving premiere education.
Can't accept free registration?
MPI understands that there are some industries that will not
allow a planner to accept a gift like the Hosted Buyer Program. If you
are interested in participating in the Hosted Buyer program, but you
will still be paying your own way, MPI can work with you. You will still
be able to meet with suppliers in one-on-one, ten minute appointments. You can also stop by any and all of the Market Square suppliers in the Global Village.
Click here to see a list of suppliers participating in the program
Video: Hosted Buyer Tutorial for Buyers
This recorded webinar offers tips and a demo on how to use Hosted Buyer appointment and schedule software.