HMCC FAQs Why should I, or my company, get a certificate in Healthcare Meeting Compliance?
The certificate is targeted for those who devote a major portion of their time to working in the healthcare industry. The program is for those who are involved in planning and reporting transparency and spend, as well as those suppliers who provide services and products to the healthcare industry.
The benefits of receiving the certificate include:
- Professional recognition
- Personal satisfaction
- An indicator of expertise
- Increased opportunities for employment advancement opportunities
- Increased credibility with clients
- Serve as a role model to others
How do I receive a Healthcare Meeting Compliance Certificate?
The certificate will be awarded to candidates upon completion of the session. The MPI Academy will confirm all registration processes and send the Healthcare Meeting Compliance Certificate to each person who completes the session. The right to use the MPI endorsement seal and the certificate is effective for a two-year (2) period.
Applicants for the Healthcare Meeting Compliance Certificate program must:
- Submit a simple registration form through the associated conference or through MPI's website.
- Submit fees for class session
- Pre-purchase session reference book “Breaking the Code to Healthcare Compliance”
- Attend full class session
What is the process, once I decide to take the class?
- Submit your registration form by date due.
- Once the MPI Academy receives your registration, you will be sent a confirmation. Registration MUST be submitted electronically.
- The MPI Academy will confirm receipt of your registration and determine your class date. Sessions are based on a minimum number of students.
- Once you are accepted into the class, you must then submit the form with payment for the class date you select.
- Class content is based on reference material. Your fees will include all instructional materials with the exception of Breaking the Code to Healthcare Compliance, which must be pre-purchased before the class.
How much time do I have to be away from the office to obtain the Healthcare Meeting Compliance Certificate?
You may enjoy flexibility in attending the Healthcare Compliance Meeting Certificate class. The class is designed for working adults and can be completed within the 4-hour session. The HMCC is offered at most industry conferences for your convenience and private sessions are available.
What is the format of the class?
The class is a four-hour session with one break. The class will be led by trained and experienced faculty and will include interactive activities.
How do I purchase class reference materials? Breaking the Code to Healthcare Compliance
is a required text and can be ordered online at http://www.meetingcompliance.com
. Your other study materials are included in your program fees.
Are there specific supplier organizations that would benefit from receiving the certificate?
Healthcare industry stakeholders could include:
- Hotel Companies
- Conference and Convention Centers
- Audio Visual/Production Companies
- Destination Management Organizations and Ground Operators
- Technology Companies
- Cruise Lines
- Car Rentals
Are there specific organizations that would benefit from the certificate?
The healthcare industry is vast and the certificate can prove to be particularly beneficial to those in the following segments:
- Healthcare Associations
- Physician Owned Distributorships
- Destination Management
- Allied Health Groups
- Compliance Directors
- Medical Device
- Medical Products
- Allied Health
- Animal Health
- Group Purchasing Organizations
- 3rd Party Planning Companies
- Manufacture Sales Reps
Can I cancel my certificate class after I have already signed up?
Yes, students may cancel their registration with a $100 USD cancellation fee, if written notification is received by the MPI Academy at least 30 calendar days prior to the day of the class. Cancellations made less than 30 calendar days prior to the class and no-shows on the day of the class will forfeit their entire class registration fee.
What if I take the certificate program and fail?
There are no tests or Pass/Fail in the HMCC session.
What is required to maintain my certificate status?
The certificate must be renewed every two years to maintain active status. You will not be required to re-take the class but an update webinar will be required. Reminder notices of your certificate expiration and webinar sessions will be sent to each HMCC recipient.