Executive Leadership Skills Overview
February 15, 2017
San Francisco, CA
8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
$299 for MPI members/conference registrants
$399 for non-conference registrants
March 5, 2017
€199 for MPI members/conference registrants
€399 for non-conference registrants
Women play key roles in the hospitality and meeting industries, but many find it challenging to move into leadership positions. In fact, recent studies show that women are 28% less likely to get an executive-level position if they possess the skills that make other job applicants attractive candidates for CEO, COO, CMO and CFO positions. In this four-hour course, we’ll examine why this is, what you can do about it and help you create a personal action plan to overcome some of the common career obstacles women face.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
Participants of this course receive:
- Describe which skills help women ascend to executive leadership roles in this industry (and beyond).
- Identify methods for overcoming common challenges women face in obtaining leadership opportunities.
- Create a personal action plan for leadership success.
- Locate additional resources available to women seeking leadership roles in the meeting and event industry.
- 4 clock hours in CMP-IS Strategic Domain E: Human Resources; Domain F: Stakeholder Management; and Domain J: Professionalism
- Access code for Clifton StrengthsFinder 2.0 assessment
- Individual Development Plan worksheets to create a personalized action plan
- Peer-to-peer mentoring
- Certificate in Executive Leadership Skills
Please note, some pre-work is required for this course (skills assessment, light reading and worksheet). These materials will be emailed to participants.
- Module 1: Executive Leaders Around the World and in the Meetings and Events Industry
- Module 2: Challenges and Solutions
- Module 3: Creating Your Personal Action Plan
- Module 4: Resources for Further Development