I'll admit that I'm not a dedicated LinkedIn user. I prefer Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. LinkedIn is last on my list of social media destinations. However, that may all change because of Richard Branson. He's been recently contributing articles about productivity and business. They're great, short reads, and I encourage you to check them out (along with all the other entries by thought leaders).
His most recent one really caught my eye. It's called "Top 6 Tips to Screw Business Meetings as Usual" (I love the inciting headline). For those on the cutting-edge of meeting design, these tips will be familiar. For those who haven't thought about how to change up the same-old same-old, I thought I'd share the tips with you here:
1. Step away from the usual weekly agenda and set an inspiring theme.
2. Bring together a diverse mix people to broaden discussion.
3. Engage thought-provoking speakers to spark ideas and generate debate.
4. A great destination—lose the laptops and say bye to the tie.
5. Surprise the group with something special.
6. Ban slide presentations!
For Branson's thoughts about each tip, check out the article at LinkedIn. And please let us know in the comments which tip is your favorite and why.