If you wouldn't attend a session, you certainly shouldn't produce it, according to speakers Sonnia Montemayor, CAE, of the Texas Society of Association Executives, and Steven Stout, CAE, of the Hospitality Financial & Technology Professionals during a breakout on customized meeting experiences at ASAE's event this weekend. Other takeaways incude the following.
- Delegates are there for a reason—to solve problems.
- Don't be afraid to ask attendees what they think; it will lead to future innovations.
- Educate yourself on how adults learn: problem solving, sharing, engagement.
- Conduct a second site visit after contract to really understand the space and create an evolving experience.
- Develop a design concept to answer the question, "What are you trying to accomplish?" Use this to drive all your decisions.