If you receive The Pulse e-newsletter (check all your email folders!), you may have noticed that we're including a weekly video rundown of top stories from the newsletter, this here blog and One+.
We're not doing this to be hip. We're doing it because we're seeing an increase in online video consumption from our members, many of whom find it more efficient to watch a short video than read one more thing in their already busy lives.
We recently conducted a poll to get a sense of what our members enjoy and want from online videos. From the 1,018 participants, we found some interesting results.
- 71 percent prefer news videos
- 96 percent watch videos on their personal computers
- 33 percent like videos that are two-to-three minutes in length
- 79 percent feel that YouTube offers the best viewing experience
- 68 percent share videos via email
Thank you to everyone that participated, and congratulations to Mindy Kim, CMP, winner of a US$100 AMEX gift card.